- Category: 14 - 19 Student Courses
Learning & Development (CCLD). With an NVQ at Level 2 you can have a career working with children. All aspects of children's care and development - theory and practical sessions in our purpose built rooms and in our partner day care nursery.
NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FOR 19 YEARS PLUS, THROUGH ADULT EDUCATION - CALL 01326 375601 FOR DETAILS!!!
For full course descriptions please Click Here
- For many students joining the childcare group might possibly be their first taste of actually caring for small children. Whereas for others it may be something they have been part of during previous years, either in school, nurseries or perhaps looking after children within the family
- The first lesson will normally cover looking at what the childcare award will involve. It is a portfolio based qualification. It will be a 2 year course covering two separate awards: the Certificate and the NVQ, both at Level 2. The 2nd year will be more practical based.
- Small children grow into larger children. Our course will prepare you for all ages of children from toddler to teenager. We will help you to understand their needs and interests at each stage of development.
- There is a warm friendly atmosphere amongst all the groups, working together can be fun and you also get to work in your choice of nursery, pre-school or day centre, to build up your experience of working with children.
- The theory can be quite daunting for some students. However, lots of the evidence you need to gain can come from the practical things you do when at the placement in a day nursery.
- You can get other experts to record what you have done, or you can be assessed officially by one of our assessors, visiting you in the workplace... or you can even write your own report about what you have done.